Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Project Management Pace Tracking



Managing productivity and pacing when working on long term projects is difficult. As teachers, it’s our responsibility to provide our students with tools and skills to do this successfully. The tool I use with my students, google spreadsheets, is nothing that’s earth shattering. I used the spreadsheet to help my students create a system / map for them to follow while working on long term projects. I not only talk to them about goal setting and pacing, but also accountability for their time. We discuss the business world, especially consulting, and the need to document and bill for time. This tool has proven to be successful in helping keep students on pace, prevent them from becoming overwhelmed, and give them real time feedback on how effectively they use their time to be productive. Feel free to make a copy (from the link above) and use it for yourself and your students.

No comments:

Post a Comment